Sunday, June 1, 2014

Music Genre



So, lately, people have been complaining about my favourite music genre to hear (Rap), my tendency to listen to strong beat songs, my preference to listen music out loud. Anyway, I want to say sorry to all people I've been disturbed. You are free to listen to them with me :D


The first time I listened to rap is when I was in elementary school. The first songs I listened and liked were In Da Club - 50 Cent for its really cool beat and Where Is The Love - BEP for its meaningful lyric, and since that I knew that I would really love it.

While people think that rap is a rough music, strong language, grumble words, rap music actually has a lot of benefits, some of these are :

1. Promote concentration. According to researches, strong beat music can help to gain and sharpen concentration and promote more alert thinking

2. Language. “Rap” is a short form “rhythmically accentuated poetry,” in which words and language are frequently and highly poetic. In fact, listening to such rap songs can help teenagers comprehend language, its use and the power of language craft. Some rap lyrics are misogynistic, racist or cartoonish. Engaging with these lyrics, pinpointing the rapper's viewpoint or lyrical pose, and articulating are really supportive to teenager’s decisive judgment and critical thinking.

3. Rhythm. Rap is typically accompanied by programmed, metronomic musical beats which maintain a perfectly steady rhythm without speeding up or slowing down. This aspect of rap is beneficial to teenage musicians who want to improve their rhythmic abilities and adherence to a regular beat or click track. In particular, rap music makes an excellent backing track for drummers to practice with.

4. Physical Activity. Rap music and dancing go hand in hand. Dancing to rap music is a high-energy way for teenagers to blow off steam and get cardiovascular exercise.
Listening to rap songs is actually a challenge. The words are hard to listen, the lyrics are difficult to understand, the beat is sometimes a nuisance. But once you get accustomed to them, you'll like them. I know that some rap songs are about sex, women, cars, money (some people call this type of rap as 'New School') therefore finding rap songs that are worth to listen is another challenge. Here, I attach some links of rap songs with cool lyrics and slow beat for 'beginners'.

Some of my favourite rap songs :

British version :

Example of strong beat :

Source :







No comments:

Post a Comment