Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lacrimosa - Requiem Mass in D Minor - Mozart

So, a few days ago, a friend of mine's father passed away from unknown causation. No history of disease, no history of unwell feeling, to put it easy, He's just dead. It reminds me that no matter how well you feel you do, no matter how healthy you are, if God wants you to die, then you die. That simple. Anyway, i dont want to talk about death, it doesnt scare me, but it troubles my mind. 



This post is dedicated to anyone who just lost his/her love ones, or still remember them. This song is one of my most favorite classical pieces. I know that this song isn't in accordance with my religion, as I'm a muslim, but the story behind it that makes me really love this piece (If you're interested in knowing this, you can read it on Lacrimosa).

Latin : 

Lacrimosa dies illa

Qua resurget ex favilla

Judicandus homo reus.

Huic ergo parce, Deus:

Pie Jesu Domine,

Dona eis requiem. Amen.

English : 

Full of tears shall be that day

On which from ashes shall arise

The guilty man to be judged;

Therefore, O God, have mercy on him.

Gentle Lord Jesus,

grant them eternal rest. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment