Thursday, September 11, 2014

Observation : Intention

So, it's been a month or less i havent been writing anything on here. Reason? My laptop sucks. I cant type a full paragraph without running out of my patience because the keyboard just doesnt function properly. Yeah, I know I shouldn't have played games on here.

Ok, so because today I'm in one of my bad mood period (maybe because of PMS? God knows how much chocolate I ate today, or because of the exam coming soon, or it's because I get lack of sleep lately, or it's because of some unwanted small events happening since morning came, or it's because.. ok, i'm running out of causes. But for some reasons I'm not in my best self today. Don't worry, I wont kill anyone), and I get bored of studying, so I decided to write something on here.

So, a few months ago I've questioned my self about people deeds and their intentions, whether we can do something nice without any reason behind that attitude. And after observing people for sometime, questioning them (not directly of course, a little bit deceiving here and there) and analyzing the informations, finally I got my answer. The answer is no.

Let me explain this as clear and as short as I can.

We, humans, always need reasons to do something. Different person has different reason. And if we dont find any satisfying or useful reason, we're not gonna do that. For instance, eating. We eat because if we dont we're gonna die. Would we still eat if without eating we were not gonna die? (of course it's impossible, it'd ruin the point of living). I'm sure we wouldnt. Another example, buying a coat. We live at a place where there is no extreme weather, no winter, no zero degrees. So, we dont buy a coat because we dont need them. But, what if suddenly Indonesia got winter, or the temperature dropped down, what were we going to do? I'm sure all of us would race to the fashion stores to buy coats.

Well, just like I explain above, people need reasons, and the reasons become intentions and the intentions what drive us to do something. And according to that, I classify humans intentions to two categories :

1. The hypocrite or human intention. (Obvious)
Or as I call it, the people intention. It's the intention that we tell people about the reasons we do something. The reasons that, how I say this, we find humanity. The reasons that we serve for people. For example, we help someone because that person needs our help. Or, we help someone because if we dont, that person will be in trouble. Or, we help because that person is in poor situation. Or we help because that person deserves our help. But, remember, this kind of intention is always dishonest. 

2. The honest or private intention. (Hidden)
Or as I say it, private intention, the real intentions that we usually dont tell people. This intention brings reasons to your benefit. Either this reasons are right or wrong (of course, it's rethorical, there is no right or wrong if we talk about people or life. There is only grey), allowed or not, these reasons are selfish, egoistic, self-sufficiency. For instance, we help people because we want to feel better about ourselves, or we help because if we dont we're gonna feel guilty for not helping them. Or we help because we want people say that we are a nice person. Or we help because we want to avoid bad karma. We help because we hope God will give us good things in turn. Or the extreme reason, we help because we want to achieve something or get something from that person. Whatever the reason is, this is the true reason.

This is how it works. Every hypocrite reason always has the hidden reason. But every hidden reason doesnt have to have the obvious. Some people feel they need to tell the obvious reasons. Other people are not so concern about what people think about themselves, so they dont make up the obvious reason.

You may say that what I say is cynical, negative, but this is what I got from observation of people. I find it rare and unusual to find naive intention, helping other people just because they want or they can. If you dont agree, feel free to discuss it with me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment